Black Bear Hunting
A black bear hunt consists of a late morning breakfast. Then we pack you a lunch and prepare you for the afternoon hunt. You will hunt from 1:00 pm till dark.
Travel to the stands is by truck then a short walk or Atv for the further baits. The baits are situated strategically for best bear attraction, not for ease of getting there. You will have a radio to use for checking in with guide at predetermined times, or when you shoot your bruin. We will give you a more detailed orientation upon arrival as to what to do, listen for, etc when you shoot your bear.
Spring hunts are usually warm but come prepared for cold weather and wet weather. Also it may be a good idea to bring some mosquito net clothing and repellent. The thermacells are very popular and actually work well, most hunters swear by them. Fall hunts can be cool and wet also but less bugs. BUT, we don't have black flies or no-seeums!
What to bring
- Camouflage or hunter green clothing.
- Blaze orange hat/togue and vest for the fall hunt.
- Mosquito repellent and/or Mosquito netting jacket, head gear, etc.(ThermaCell's work great).
- Safety harness and lanyard (your choice)
- Firearm and ammunition
- Waterproof walking boots
- Good quality Rain gear (water proof!)
- Knee high rubber boots
- Light jacket
- Light footwear for around camp/lodge
- Insulated jacket
- Headwear - light
- Headwear - insulated
- Gloves - light
- Gloves or Mitts - insulated
- Insulated pants or jumpsuit or long underwear
- Personal effects, such as medication, toiletries, alcohol and tobacco.
- Cooler (if you wish to take meat/trophy home)
- Passport is now required
- Hunter Safety now required
- Border crossing forms pre filled.(firearms declaration form 1-800-731-4000), information at Canada customs 1-800-461-9999
- Travel arrangements made
(contact us for specifics on gear required for certain Big Game seasons)
Tent Camp - additional items to bring
- Warm sleeping bag (if flying let us know and we will provide them)
- Towels, facecloth, shampoo
- Extra socks
- Book to read while relaxing at camp and for rainy days
- Extra batteries for electronics
- We always try to return back to the lodge on time, but if bad weather hinders, safe travel we will stay put till it is safe to travel. Also, the area we hunt does not have fast responding emergency services, in fact there is virtually none. So if you require any medication, pack extra in case of delayed departure.
All Big Game hunters are required to sight in their rifles at our range on day of arrival. Allow for arrival in daylight and extra ammunition accordingly.
Bear/Bird Combo is back for 2018!
See the 2 newest members of the Riverside Lodge hunting dog crew!
Even Further discounted Fall bear hunting spots to fill for this Sept!
Terrible when it is one of our's but these people give us all a bad name.-Internationals investigation seizure of bear hides $37000 fines !