What to Expect on your Whitetail Hunt in Manitoba
An early breakfast in the lodge, grab your lunch and gear for the day and we are off. Travel to the stands is in the dark which will be via Truck, Atv's or Snowmobiles, pending season conditions. You will have a radio to communicate with us throughout your day. It can be quite cold during the Rifle season in mid November, and even thought we have heated blinds for your use, warm boots are a necessity as well as layers of warm outwear.
Archery season hunters- the temperature is much milder and the days are typically much longer therefore we offer a mid-day pickup if you would like to take a break and see/do something else for a bit.
Contact us for details around your planned hunt season date. It can be quite cold during the Rifle season in mid November, and even thought we have heated blinds for your use, warm boots are a necessity as well as layers of warm outwear.
A range finder may be handy to measure distances at different stands. Calling is permitted but we ask to refrain from unnecessary use, to prevent educating bucks. Rattling horns can be productive as well. Most attention needs to be paid to scent control and hunters movement and that all comes back to clothing and being comfortable. We also provide "Pee" jugs for scent control.
What To Bring
- For all of our hunts we want to remind hunters to bring any medications, puffers, Eppipen or allergy medication if you are allergic to bee stings, etc. We are a fair distance from any emergency services and while hunting the response time is even greater. There are no air-ambulances locally.
- Weapon and ammo/arrows
- Late Season hunts-WARM CLOTHING! LAYERS! BEST EXTREME COLD BOOTS YOU CAN BUY!
- Insulated jacket
- Insulated pants or jumpsuit and long underwear
- Headwear - insulated
- Gloves or Mitts - insulated
- Blaze orange hat/toque and vest (for ML & Rifle seasons)
- Light footwear for in cabins & lodge
- Safety harness and lanyard
- Back pack
- Headlamp or flashlight
- Knife (handy to have)
- calls & scents
- Range Finder (optional)
- Personal effects, such as medication, toiletries, alcohol and tobacco.
- Cooler (extra one if you wish to take game meat home)
- Border crossing forms pre filled. (ask us for firearms declaration form or call 1-800-731-4000), info at Canada customs 1-800-461-9999
- Travel arrangements made
- Thermos for coffee
- Hunter safety
- Rubber tips and tape for packaging Antlers if flying home (please check w/airline rules)
Early Bow Season hunt additional list
Contact us before your hunt and we can help you with planning your list.
Tent Camp-Additional Items To Bring
No Tent Camp Options at this time.
another great deer, this is a true Manitoba Monster!
this perfect specimen of our Whitetail deer. He has it all with nice mass and a blended dark to light coloration of it's antlers
I love this picture, it's my daughter Lily over her 2019 Whitetail buck,
He also made a fantastic shot with the buck running at 250+ yards, killed him with 1 shot!
This was Alvin's 3rd season hunting with us and after passing several opportunities the past 2 years he decided this year he was going to harvest a buck for the freezer